- Invite someone that is alone for the holiday to your home.
- Have a series of small gifts wrapped (maybe a box of candy) and available to hand out (maybe to the gas station attendant, the receptionist at school, the mailman, etc. everyone loves a surprise gift!)
- Foster a pet for the holiday.
- Hand make your card or gift.
- Reminisce your favorite memories with a special friend.
- Give a hug.
- Put down the phone.
A Handwritten Note:
- Take the time to write a personal note on your holiday cards and/or your gift tags.
- Design & layout your own version of a holiday message.
- Remind the recipient why they are important to you.
- Highlight a favorite quality of theirs.
- Tell them how much the relationship means to you.
- Acknowledge their unique contribution to the universe…
- Any or all of the above…. so easy, and decent….
- The history: Caroling originated in europe where pagan songs were sung at the winter solstice. Early christians took over the celebration and implemented christmas songs. The famous “Angel’s Hymm” deputed in the year 129. Many songs were sung in latin. In 1223 St.Francis of Assisi started spreading songs in universal languages. The list of caroling songs has continued to grow – bringing people together and spreading joy.
- The most popular: Silent Night, O Come All Ye Faithful, Joy to the World
ALWAYS …remembering the children…
Toys For Tots
The Marine Toys for Tots have been delivering a message of hope to help bring the joy of Christmas to less fortunate children since 1947. Coordinators, with the assistance of social, welfare agencies, church groups, and other local community agencies, distribute toys to the less fortunate children of the community. This is their busiest time of year. Please donate.
Coalition For The Homeless
The oldest advocacy and direct service organization helping homeless men, women and children. Believing that affordable housing, sufficient food and the chance to work for a living wage are fundamental rights in a civilized society. We agree. Please donate.
Make a Wish Foundation
A non-profit organization creating life changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. For many, a granted wish makes a turning point in the fight for their life. Doctors, nurses and other health professionals say, the wish experience is highly effective in making patients better emotionally and physically” “That is why wishes matter. That is why we grant wishes.” Money well spent. Please donate.
Oh By Gosh By Golly…
A Toast For All You’re Grateful For…
Last Minute Gifts That Will Get Some Laughs…
Basically Beautiful wishes all people of ALL religions and backgrounds the most magical of holidays…
(posted: December 2019)