INVEST IN A PAIR OF “Shoes for the Home”
(best to leave your street shoes and the germs they carry outside)
STAY COZY BUT CHIC
READ IN STYLE
BUY A NEW BOOK
SOLVE A PUZZLE
(keep your mind active while creating a work of art)
SOLVE A RIDDLE
(challenge your brain)
• This relaxed seat is best taken on the floor with crossed legs and hands in lap or on knees.
• Sukhasana is one of the most approachable poses, and can offer a landscape to sit, observe, breathe or meditate.
• This grounding pose can open the hips over time if practiced on the floor.
• With so much up in the air, literally and figuratively, take some time to sit easy. Take some time for yourself. Each and every day. In unsettling times and during happy days, take care of yourself so you can take care of those around you.
Pose: Utthitha Parsvakonasana
• Extended side angle pose.
• Strengthens knee, ankle and leg.
• Stretches lung space, thorax, spine and abdomen as well as psoas.
• A great check-in pose to see how your side body is feeling.
• If bottom hand can’t reach floor, just pur forearm on bent leg thigh with palm facing up for a nice and accessible variation!
• This pose comes when the body is ready, physically and mentally.
• Strong upper back, shoulder girdle, core abdominals and leg muscles create the necessary physical foundation.
• Beyond physically being able to press into the arms and up through the legs to make connection of the head to the earth light, this pose eventually quiets the mind and harnesses a deep focus.
• Sirsasana can relieve stress, stimulate the pituitary and pineal glands and reverse blood flow to improve circulation (especially to the face).
•With the current state of our world turning upside down, this pose can remind us to pause, breath slowly and steadily and adapt a new outlook
DON’T FORGET TO BREATHE
90 SECOND BREATHWORK
HAVE LEFTOVER VEGGIES?
- fresh, frozen or roasted beets (or any veggie)
- vidalia onion (or spanish if you’re feeling zany 🙂 )
- garlic (1 clove minced)
- evoo (a few tablespoons)
- 1 can of white beans (white, navy, cannellini, etc.) white beans are a nice ingredient as they are mild in flavor and add body and protein
- vegetable stock (keeps it vegan) or chicken stock
- heat approx 3 tbsp of evoo in pot over medium heat
- add onion, garlic and seasoning of your choice (garlic powder, onion powder, salt, peper, etc)
- saute for approx 10 min on med low heat until onions translucent
- add beets (or any veggie) and heat until soft and cooked through
- rinse beans (don’t want the extra sodium) then add to pot 5 min
- add stock until all other ingredients barely covered – cook uncovered on med for 15 min
- pour all into blender until smooth (add more stock for desired consistency)
- put back into pot and taste, adjust seasoning. if over seasoned or too thick add stock or water to adjust
- pour into bowls and garnish with fresh herbs
* recipe courtesy of Veronica (thank you Veronica 🙂 )
MORE INSPIRING IDEAS
Get your glow on…
Give your skin a boost with a weekly mask treatment. A mask can take your skin to the next level by delivering a high dose of skin transforming ingredients. Masks can range from clarifying to hydrating, brightening or plumping. We proudly offer many: view here
CHARITIES ON THE FRONT LINE
World Health Organization…
United Nations Foundations – World Health Organization- Donations support WHO’s work to track and understand the spread of the virus; to ensure patients get the care they need and frontline workers get essential supplies and information; and to accelerate efforts to develop vaccines, tests, and treatments.
Global health security…
The CDC Foundation’s Emergency Response Fund enables CDC to strengthen critical global health security needs and respond immediately to public health emergencies such as the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Your gift allows CDC to better prepare for and respond to crisis situations by providing flexibility to meet both immediate and planned needs that would not otherwise be readily available.
COVID-19 Response Fund…
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, Feeding America is committed to serving communities and individuals facing hunger across America, wherever they are. You can help make sure they can be there for our neighbors in need during this time of uncertainty.